Moanin' solo structure

classic Classique list Liste threaded Arborescence
Répondre | Arborescence
Ouvrir ce message en vue arborescente

Moanin' solo structure

Carlos MG
Salut Antoine,

Je suis désolé, je ne parle pas français.

In the Moanin' solo, your score says that only the A section is transcribed.
My question is: what are the chords of the B section?

Sorry if it's too basic question. Starting to learn...

Merci beaucoup
Répondre | Arborescence
Ouvrir ce message en vue arborescente

Re: Moanin' solo structure

Carlos MG
I guess I found the answer (and learn something) by listening to the song:
The A in the solo is the same as the A section in the main melody part, but includes a turnaround around the main chord (Fm). Now I understood what a turnaround is, thanks :)
Hence, the B section in the solo is also the same as B section in the melody part.

Anyway, if you can confirm, that'll be great.

Merci!
Répondre | Arborescence
Ouvrir ce message en vue arborescente

Re: Moanin' solo structure

Antoine Hervé
Administrateur
As written in the transcription, the chorus is only on the turnaround, like they do in the original.  To make it short and simple, I did'nt improvised on the B part in this session. All the best. AH